Publication of the Month awarded to Sabine Hofer
ACBN Newsletter #2 Available
The second Alumni Newsletter is available here and contains
- an update from Fritz Aberger, Head of the Department of Biological Sciences, on changes in the organization of the University that are relevant for us,
- an overview on particle and nano-sciences undertaken within ACBN both at the NaWi and in Itzling, as well as
- a portrait of the group of Iris Gratz and their research on immunity.
Announcement of joint ICA-DSPB Symposium, July 2021
The upcoming ICA Symposium is scheduled for 1 and 2 July 2021. It will be organized as a joint symposium between the Doctoral College ICA and the Doctorate School DSP Biomolecules. Please register here for the Symposium as soon as possible, giving titles for presentations when applicable. Registration needs to be finished by 15 May 2021. Faculty members please also register, of course you do not need to give details for presentations.
ACBN Newsletter #1 available
The first Alumni Newsletter is available here and contains
- a final report on the doctoral school ICA, which is after 12 years now drawing to a close;
- news about the movements of our groups from the Billrothstrasse to the NaWi (a seemingly endless project that is now close to its finish) and
- an introduction to the group of Angela Risch, which some of you may not know yet
ACBN endorses the MANIFESTO FOR EU COVID-19 RESEARCH of the European Union
This manifesto aims at maximizing the accessibility of research results in the fight against COVID-19 (further details).
Open PhD position
The group of molecular immunology and the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (MSCA-ITN) project “DIRNANO – Directing the immune response through designed nanomaterials” offers an Early Stage Researcher (PhD Student) position within the doctoral program Medical Biology. Applications should be submitted until 20 November 2020 to Jutta Horejs-Höck. Further information is available here.
Gabriele Gadermaier and Fatima Ferreira appointed as Associate Editors of Frontiers in Allergy
Gabriele Gadermaier and Fatima Ferreira have been appointed Associate Editors of the Allergens section in Frontiers in Allergy.
ACBN retreat at Edmundsburg
ACBN PIs, researchers and invited guests met for a 2-day retreat at the University’s Edmundsburg building from 24 to 25 February 2020 for talks and discussions. This meeting was part of a process of strategy finding that the centre is performing since 2019. The goal is to develop a strategy for future activities, including research topics, structured cooperation with third parties and infrastructure needs. The strategy should be implemented 2021/22.